Personal, Health, Social and Economic Education
- Contributes to physical and mental health and wellbeing, encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- Contributes to the safety and protection of our children and young people, from staying safe online to understanding risks associated with drugs and alcohol.
- Promotes independence, resilience and responsibility — preparing children and young people for future roles as parents, employees and leaders.
- Supports employability by developing the personal and social skills demanded by commerce and industry.
- Supports pupils to be critical consumers of information, and develops the skills to identify misleading news or views on social media and elsewhere.
At Seaton Sluice First School, our PSHE lessons will provide our children with the skills and understanding that they need to negotiate life successfully.
Our PSHE Curriculum
You, Me and PSHE
At Seaton Sluice First School, we base our PSHE Curriculum on the 'You, Me & PSHE' Scheme.
The topics included are:
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education
- Financial capability and economic wellbeing
- Identity, society and equality
- Keeping safe and managing risk
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Living and growing